Monday, March 7, 2016

Homeschooling

Angel has been in Kindergarten now for over half the year.  She over all likes it.  Some days seem harder than others.  I have no experience with public schools as I went to private school.  As a mother, I want all my chicks under my wings.  I took a chance though, and sent her to public school.

Over all, I haven't had any problems with it.  But lately, things seem to be coming up.  Angel explains things to me about other kids.  I'm not very impressed with what other kids say or do.  The other day, they were playing Walking Dead. . . at age 5.  Inappropriate to me.  I try and raise my kids in a Christian environment with age appropriate exposure.  It baffles me how some kids are raised.  

In light of some things and how Angel feels about it....we have decided to homeschool her next year for 1st grade.  What an adventure that will be for us!! I have flirted with the idea over the past several years.  Some how, I lost sight of the values I wanted to teach my children.  I'm excited.  I wish I could take her out now.  

Since we have made that decision, I have been pouring myself into curriculum after curriculum.  Trying to decide which ones would be best for our family.  I finally settled on one.  Now i'm trying to figure out a great resource for teaching Angel about drawing.  She's such a great little drawer! 

Time to return my focus to education my girls and raising good Christian children.  





No comments: